Written by: KHM Employees
on June 09, 2022
By: Carolyn Sekerak, Director of Advertising and marketing Technique and Neighborhood Engagement
As a small enterprise proprietor, you could have an unbelievable affect your purchasers, your group, and even different small enterprise homeowners.
You even have the ability to indicate acceptance, educate your purchasers, and advocate for others. As we have fun LGBTQ+ Satisfaction Month in June, listed here are a number of questions it is best to think about in your journey enterprise:
- Are you a people-first enterprise? Are you involved concerning the folks you serve and are you placing their wants first?
- Are you prepared, keen, and capable of help the LGBTQ+ touring group? If not, what are you able to do to teach your self?
- Does your promoting function the group year-round or simply throughout Satisfaction Month?
- Advertising and marketing throughout Satisfaction Month is a good place to begin, however how will you honor Satisfaction all 12 months in additional impactful methods?
Watch our latest “Increasing the Lens” phase on KHM In the present day or the newest Journey Agent Suggestions video to study advertising and marketing to LGBTQ+ vacationers.
As a journey agent, one in every of your most necessary duties is knowing your purchasers’ wants. LGBTQ+ vacationers wish to really feel welcome and protected the place they’re going and, like another traveler, wish to get pleasure from their time away from dwelling! Along with making these wants a high precedence, we suggest the following pointers to make sure you’re offering the very best customer support:
- Use inclusive language. Ask what pronouns your purchasers desire. Use phrases like “wedding ceremony couple” as a substitute of “bride and groom,” or “dad and mom” as a substitute of “mother and pop.”
- Be open-minded. Don’t assume the place your purchasers wish to go or the experiences they wish to have solely based mostly on if they’re within the LGBTQ+ group. You continue to must qualify them like another shopper to make sure they’ve their desired trip expertise.
- Present your help. E-mail signatures are a simple advertising and marketing instrument to make use of and replace all year long. Are you able to embrace a Satisfaction model of your brand or a brief assertion of help throughout June–or higher but, all 12 months? In your qualifying varieties or questionnaires, do you enable for a non-binary possibility along with female and male?
Schooling is a vital piece to know the distinctive journey wants of the LGBTQ+ group. And there’s no higher time to start out studying than now. Take into account finishing a LGBTQ+ centered webinar or analysis which suppliers cater to LGBTQ+ vacationers. We suggest testing the Worldwide LGBTQ+ Journey Affiliation (IGLTA) to view their occasions and sources for each vacationers and advisors. The U.S. Division of State’s web site additionally lists security alerts by nation.
Whereas June is the month of LGBTQ+ Satisfaction, just a little consciousness and acceptance can assist you serve your purchasers all 12 months lengthy.