Do you assume that the one causes to go to Florida are to go to Disney World or lie on a seaside? I’m right here to inform you that not solely are you fallacious, however you’re additionally lacking out on one thing that isn’t supplied in very many locations: you possibly can get pleasure from year-round, out of doors music festivals in Florida!
I wish to bust some misconceptions about Florida, and I’d additionally wish to recommend music festivals as solo journey locations. Proper now, I’d estimate that half of these studying this are both actually excited or considerably horrified. However hear me out. I really feel that is much like going to a film or going to a resort by your self; it’s not usually one thing most do solo, however as each solo traveler finally asks about every little thing, “Why not?”. In the event you haven’t already requested your self that query, I’ll provide you with a couple of minutes to consider it and have a chat with your self.
Why Go to a Competition Solo?
There are limitless causes to go to festivals, and every of us might be searching for one thing only a bit completely different from the expertise. Nevertheless, if you actually study it, the motivations aren’t that far off from the explanations you’d select another vacation spot. The one distinction is that you simply’ve by no means thought to use them to a pageant.
Listed here are just a few widespread causes for touring solo to music festivals, and a pair much less apparent, that you simply might be able to relate to.
- Benefit from the music. You should like music in case you’re going to a music pageant and the excellent news is you’re assured quite a lot of music. Extra importantly, you could even get an opportunity to see your favourite artist! Festivals additionally present one thing that conventional live shows don’t and that’s an opportunity to satisfy the musicians after their set. It’s not as loopy because it sounds, simply act regular if you see them and there’s probability it’ll occur.
- Make new buddies. This too is one thing that units festivals aside from common live shows. They’re designed to be social environments and other people at festivals are usually a pleasant bunch. Plus, you might have the benefit of already having a standard curiosity within the music, so it’s simpler to bond.
- Reside the pageant expertise. There’s nothing fairly like stay music, and the addition of crowds and a carnival-like environment on the occasion brings in so many layers to the expertise. When the solar units, there’s typically fireworks and superb gentle exhibits from the stage, so don’t count on the expertise to finish when the solar goes down.
- Dance like no person’s watching. Severely, nobody cares. They’re all dancing like freaks too!
- Get inventive together with your outfits. I feel there are some who solely go to festivals in order that they’ll put collectively and exhibit their outfits. If that is you, then you definately do you and let your true persona shine via in your garments!
- Uncover a brand new metropolis. Miami and Orlando are most likely locations you’ve been to or are going to go to, however what number of of you had deliberate to go to Tampa, Panama Metropolis Seaside, or have even heard of Okeechobee?
- Make it a street journey. For many who are inside driving distance, you might have the additional advantage of turning your pageant journey into an epic street journey!
- Go tenting. In case your pageant has tenting, and you want tenting, it’s a good way to make new buddies and expertise nature!
- Take pleasure in good meals. Foodies ought to know that the majority festivals have actually good meals. Be sure to examine what’s accessible and make notice of probably the most fascinating distributors, so that you don’t miss out on an sudden culinary masterpiece.
Get Began with these Music Festivals in Florida
Whereas this isn’t a whole record of all of the music festivals happening within the state, it’s sufficient to get you began. I attempted to search out one for each month, however I made a decision that August is just too sizzling and stormy for anybody to wish to be outdoors all day and night time. So, I gave you two in March as an alternative, which is a a lot better time of yr to get pleasure from being outdoors in Florida.
There’s a combination of music genres on the record, akin to EDM, rock and roll, hip hop, and nation, however there are festivals for each temper. A fast Google search ought to flip up one thing that can fulfill your love for harpsichord music, or no matter your musical ardour could be. (I’m solely kidding in regards to the harpsichord pageant. Nevertheless, in case you do discover one, let me know as I would test it out simply to see what a harpsichord pageant seems like!)
I’ve added the everyday month that these festivals happen, however issues change on a regular basis, so be sure to examine the official dates for those you’re interested by attending earlier than you make your journey plans.
- January – Groove Cruise, Miami (It’s on a ship!)
- February – Gasparilla Music Competition, Tampa
- March – Okeechobee Music and Arts Competition, Okeechobee
- March – Extremely Music Competition, Miami
- April – Tortuga Music Competition, Fort Lauderdale
- Might – Sundown Music Competition, Tampa
- June – Gulf Coast Jam, Panama Metropolis Seaside
- July – Rolling Loud Miami Competition, Miami
- September – Sand Jam Competition, Panama Metropolis
- October – III Factors Competition, Miami
- November – Electrical Daisy Carnival, Orlando
- December – Coast is Clear Competition, Key West
Music Festivals 101
It’s essential if you go to a music pageant that you simply costume and put together for the weather and keep hydrated. There are many different fundamentals to cowl, together with defending your self from the solar, planning forward for water and snacks, well being and hygiene, and secure tenting. You’ll discover all that on this article which can assist you put together in case you’re new to music festivals or want a refresher.
Above all, be secure, benefit from the music and the pageant environment, and observe all of the security precautions you’d on any solo journey. Oh, and it’s Florida, so it will not be a nasty concept to pack some insect repellent. Blissful festivals!
Final up to date: 1st September, 2022