Gokarna is a city located alongside the west coast of India within the Uttara Kannada district of Karnataka. It’s a famend Hindu pilgrimage centre, however over the previous few years has shortly grown as a vacationer vacation spot, particularly for these searching for calm and serenity. If you’re trying to find some private area with simply the solar, sea and sand, then Gokarna is the right vacation spot for you.
Desk of Contents
- About Gokarna
- Issues to do in Gokarna
- Methods to plan a visit to Gokarna
- Methods to attain
- Resorts and Resorts in Gokarna
Gokarna, a stupendous city in Karnataka famed for its non secular bent, pure magnificence, and laid-back environment, is replete with notable shrines and pristine seashores. Yearly, hordes of individuals flock to the city in pursuit of sanctity, salvation, leisure, and leisure. Proceed studying to skim the entire journey information and be taught extra concerning the prime sightseeing locations.
Gokarna, positioned on the coast of Karwar, is famous for its spectacular shoreline, golden sand seashores lined with palm timber, and breathtaking dawn and sundown views. The journey to Gokarna is a visible deal with, with rugged mountains and the Western Ghats on one aspect and the Arabian Sea on the opposite.
Gokarna witnesses a minimal temperature of 180 C (summer time) and 140 C (winter) and a most temperature of 400 C (summer time) and 320 C (winter) (winter). The city has a semi-tropical, reasonable local weather. The summer time season runs from March till Could. Heavy rains fall from June to August, whereas winters take over the city from November to January.
Gokarna is made up of two phrases: gau, which suggests cow, and Karna, which suggests ear, which interprets to cow’s ear. The origins of such a reputation may be traced again to mythology and geography. In accordance with one legend, the identify was given as a result of it’s positioned on the confluence of two rivers, Gangavati and Aghanashini, and resembles a cow’s ear. The opposite, extra intriguing mythology states that Brahma despatched Shiva to Patal Lok (beneath the earth). He later emerged from the earth by a cow’s ear, therefore the identify.
Gokarna’s geography is right, with the Aghnashini River to the south and the Gangavalli River to the north. Furthermore, it’s located on the assembly level of the Arabian Sea and the Kali River. Vacationers movement into the palm-lined sandy coastlines of the peaceable city, which sits immediately beneath the lap of the spectacular Western Ghats, waving and winding its method to the huge blue sea.
Issues to do in Gokarna
Gokarna is a widely known enchanting seaside paradise adorned with golden mornings and delightful evenings. Moreover, the seaside city is a haven for guests who wish to spend some tranquil time surrounded by stunning nature or take part in thrilling actions reminiscent of banana rides on the seashores. Listed here are some nice issues to do right here:
Enjoyable issues to do in Gokarna
- Water sports activities: This contains jet ski excursions, banana boat rides, parasailing, and browsing at Gokarna’s Om seaside. Non-public operators present actions, however not all actions can be found.
- Mountaineering: The hills surrounding Gokarna present glorious mountain climbing choices. Hike to Om Seaside viewpoint, Om Seaside Rock View, or Rock of Peace close to Om Seaside for spectacular views of the seaside and ocean.
- Buying: Gokarna is all about reliving the colorful hippie tradition of the Seventies, which remains to be very a lot alive immediately, and one of the best ways to get within the groove is to seem like one. A number of companies promote kurtas, harem trousers, skirts, Om and Shiva T-shirts, outfits, and so forth on the native flea market.
Offbeat issues to do in Gokarna
- Seaside trekking – Seaside trekking is among the most fulfilling actions in right here. The seashores of the city are bordered by rocky terrain and little hills that you would be able to discover whereas taking within the spectacular views of the seaside and sea.
- Tenting – When you’re sad with seaside mountain climbing, right here’s one other choice to satiate your wandering soul. Tenting underneath the celebs at Paradise Seaside or Kudle Seaside is arguably the nicest factor you are able to do within the city.
- Browsing – Study to surf in Gokarna, as there are a number of browsing faculties and choices for this water sport exercise. Browsing tradition is most prevalent in Goa or Gokarna, and right here is the spot to benefit from the waves and take part on this water sport exercise with none trouble.
- Go to the traditional temples – Immerse your self in within the city’s wealthy historical past and custom by taking a pilgrimage tour of the traditional temples. Yearly, 1000’s of pilgrims collect in Gokarna for the Shivratri celebration.
[Also Read: 30 Places to Visit Before You Turn 30]
Locations to go to in Gokarna
Right here’s the record of vacationer locations and issues to do in Gokarna.
- Mahabaleshwara Temple – This Shiva temple at Gokarna, the apex of Dravidian structure, is among the prime points of interest for pilgrims who regard it as sacred as Kashi. The temple homes a 1500-year-old 6-foot-tall Shiva Linga honored because the Atmalinga and Lord Shiva statue standing.
- Om Seaside – Gokarna is a superb location recognized primarily for its seashores. Om Seaside, designed as two semi-crescents merging, is a must-see when within the city. This attractive seaside resort attracts a whole bunch of individuals from all around the globe.
- Kudle Seaside – Kudle Seaside is among the city’s a number of seashores, positioned only a brief distance from Om Seaside. This seaside is an ideal hermit, offering the calmest and most stunning environment to take pleasure in a sundown, a stroll down the sand, or loosen up and observe the endless tides.
- Gokarna Seaside – Gokarna Major Seaside, close to Sri Mahabaleshwara Swamy Temple, is a protracted stretch of sunshine yellow sand with calm waves. This seaside additionally has a number of shacks, campers, and eateries. The Cocopelli Surf Faculty will also be discovered right here for some quick, primary browsing Classes!
- Half Moon Seaside – Half Moon Seaside, away from the hustle and bustle, is the best spot to loosen up within the lap of nature. Whereas tenting among the many historic village cottages strewn alongside the Half Moon beachside, take within the stunning vista of the azure sea.
- Yana Caves – Yana Caves, well-known for journey, nature, and faith, is a perfect trip spot for trekkers, hikers, and journey lovers. These caves are round 27 kilometres from the temple city.
- Hell’s Cliff – Hell’s Cliff is a cliff between Paradise and Half Moon seashores. It’s a stunning and calm location for scenic pictures. You’ll be able to rehydrate or relaxation right here whereas on the stroll or wait patiently for some time within the hopes of seeing dolphins.
Locations to go to close by
Beneath are some scenic locations to go to close by for a healthful journey expertise.
- Mirjan Fort- Mirjan Fort is an historical high-walled fort positioned on a river financial institution. Study all 4 interconnected entrances, that are paved with large stairs.
- Murudeshwar – See the world’s second-tallest Shiva statue in Murudeshwar. It’s located on a hill surrounded by the Arabian Sea in a shocking panorama.
- Kumta: A captivating tiny city, Kumta is a must-see for its seashores. Take the breathtaking sundown at Ghodbunder Seaside and the outdated Kumta Teru Temple.
- Karwar: A port metropolis close to Gokarna, Karwar is value a go to for its lengthy and immaculate Karwar Seaside, the place it’s possible you’ll go pace boating or take pictures. Banana boat rides can be found at Rabindranath Tagore Seaside.
Locations to eat
As a backpacker’s paradise and one of the best seaside retreat in Karnataka, the city’s tradition is extremely cosmopolitan and primarily influenced by its home and worldwide vacationers. And that displays in its meals. Regardless of its native, conventional Kannadiga heritage, the delicacies here’s a mixture of east and west.
Go to these greatest locations in Gokarna to pattern its native flavours-
- Mantra Café, Kudle Seaside Highway
- Chez Christophe Gokarna, Center Seaside, Belehittal Highway
- Sea Rock Café, Kudle Seaside
- Lodge Gokarna Sea Route Fish Nook, IB Rd, reverse ASHOKAVANA
- Sundown Café, Major Seaside, close to Kariyappa Temple
Methods to Plan a Journey to Gokarna
Essentially the most appropriate method to plan a visit is to decide on one of the best route, mode of transport, and extra. Listed here are some dominant transport modes to achieve Gokarna.
Methods to attain Gokarna?
Gokarna is well-connected by highway with close by cities like Goa, Bangalore, and Mangalore. You may as well rent a taxi from close by cities for a extra snug and handy journey.
Gokarna Highway is the closest railway station to Gokarna, about 10 kilometres from the primary Gokarna metropolis. Nonetheless, on account of its modest dimension, it isn’t related to main cities. One other station, Ankola, is positioned 20 kilometres from Gokarna and is thought to be the closest well-connected railway station to Gokarna.
You may as well journey from Bangalore to Gokarna by air. The city doesn’t have an area airport; the closest one is Dabolim Airport in Goa, about 140 km away. The airport is properly related by flights to India and worldwide cities. You’ll be able to e book an airport taxi from Goa to achieve your vacation spot comfortably.
Greatest time to go to
The very best time to go to Gokarna is between October and March, when the humidity is at its lowest. From November by February, the town is extraordinarily full of international guests. The offseason, or wet season, is just not one of the best time to go to the seashores as a result of they’re all barren and unkempt, with few eating choices.
Resorts and resorts – Lodging in Gokarna
|Pink Earth||Honey Seaside Rd, Belambar Put up, Honnebail, Karnataka 581353 PH: 087227 45555|
|Stone Wooden Nature Resort||890/1, Om Seaside Rd, Village, Gokarna, Karnataka 581326 PH: 091082 51301|
|Kudle Ocean Entrance Resort||Om Seaside Rd, Gokarna, Karnataka 581326 PH: 094481 53614|
|Kudle Seaside View Resort and Spa||365kw, Kudle Seaside Rd, Gokarna, Karnataka 581326 PH: 081309 67666|
|Rudraksh Retreat||Survey No 79A/1, Hissa 2/2, Bele Hittal, Gokarna, Kumta, Karnataka 581326|
Now that all about the seaside city, why wait? Plan your journey! Soak within the wilderness by reserving a automobile rental to take you to all these locations with a native driver. Set up the Savaari cab reserving app for provides and reductions on outstation leases.